Name: Sushma Bhattarai
Position: Assistant Professor
Subject: Forest and Livelihood
Department: Social Forestry and Forest Management
- Master of Science in Forest and Livelihood
- Master of Science in Environmental Forestry
- Forest Governance, Community Based Forest Management, Forest Modeling, Reducing Emission from Forest Degradation and Deforestation (REDD)
Research and Publications:
- Bhattarai, Sushma, Basant Pant, and Niroj Timalsina. 2017. “Conservation without Participation: Detrimental Effect of Escaping People’s Participation in Protected Area Management in Nepal.” In Protected Areas: Policies, Management and Future Directions, edited by Sharif Ahmed Mukul and A.Z.M. Manzoor Rashid, I, 83–104. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Dons, Klaus, Sushma Bhattarai, Henrik Meilby, Carsten Smith-Hall, and Toke Emil Panduro. 2016. “Indirect Approach for Estimation of Forest Degradation in Non-Intact Dry Forest: Modelling Biomass Loss with Tweedie Distributions.” Carbon Balance and Management 11 (1). Springer International Publishing: 14. doi:10.1186/s13021-016-0051-z.
- Dons, K, T E Panduro, Sushma Bhattarai, and Carsten Smith-hall. 2014. “Spatial Patterns of Subsistence Extraction of Forest Products E An Indirect Approach for Estimation of Forest Degradation in Dry Forest.” Applied Geography 55. Elsevier Ltd: 292–99. doi:10.1016/j.apgeog.2014.08.018.
- Bhattarai, Sushma, Basant Pant, and Cp Upadhyaya. 2013. “Dependency of Tharu Communities on Wild Plants: A Case Study of Shankarpur, Kanchanpur District.” Banko Janakari 21 (1). doi:10.3126/banko.v21i1.9062.
- Bhattarai, Sushma, Prakash Kumar Jha, and Niraj Chapagain. 2009. “Pro-Poor Institutions: Creating Exclusive Rights to the Poor Groups in Community Forest Management. (Special Issue: Livelihoods & Forestry Programme’s Experiences.).” Journal of Forest and Livelihood 8 (2): 15 – Jan.8.
Email: [email protected]