- Name: Prof. Ridish K. Pokharel
- Position: Professor and Planning Chief of Tribhuvan University
- Appointed Subject: Forestry
- Department: Social Forestry and Forest Management
PhD – Michigan State University, USA
MS – Araneta University Foundation, the Philippines
BSc – Mahendra Morang Multiple Campus Tribhuvan University
- Interest Area:
Institutions and forest governance; climate change and household level adaptive capacity; community based forest management and REDD implementation; development of criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management; gender and equity/conflict management; fund mobilization in community forestry
- Research and Publications:
- Pokharel, R. K., Neupane, P. R., Tiwari, K. R. and Köhl, M. (2015). Assessing the sustainable in community based forestry: A case from Nepal, Forest Policy and Economics, 58: 75 – 84.
- Otsuka, K., Takahashi, R. and Pokharel, R. (2015). In search of optimum institutions for forest management, Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 34 (3): 300 – 314.
- Rutt, Rebecca L., KhanalChhetri, Bir B., Pokharel, Ridish K., Rayamajhi, Santosh, Tiwari, Krishna R. and Treue, Thorsten. (2015). The scientific framing of forestry decentralization in Nepal, Forest Policy and Economics, 60: 50 -61.
- Tiwari, Krishna R., Rayamajhi, Santosh, Pokharel, Ridish K. and Balla, Mohan K. (2014). Does Nepal’s climate change adaptation policy and practices address poor and vulnerable communities? Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization, 23: 28 – 38.
- Pokharel, Ridish K. and Tiwari, Krishna R. (2013). Good governance assessment in Nepal’s community forestry, Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 32 (6): 549 -564.
- Pokharel, Ridish K. (2012). Factors influencing the management regimes of Nepal’s community forestry, Forest Policy and Economics, 17: 13 – 17.
- Pokarel, Ridish K., Gyawali, Achyut R., Yadav, Ram L. and Tiwari, Krishna R. (2011). Increasing women access to financial resources through micro-credit of Nepal’s community forestry, International Journal of Social Forestry: 4 (1): 1 – 16.
Contact number: 9851230701 (cell); 01-4890001 (R);
E-mail: [email protected]