Name: Prof. Achyut Raj Gyawali
Subject: Forest Management
Department: Department of Social Forestry and Forest Management
- B.Sc. Forestry, Institute of Forestry Campus, Pokhara (Nepal).
- Master in Forest Science MFS from Yale University, USA
Interest Area: Forest Management, Forest Product Utilization, NTFPs, Wildlife Management.
- As a co-investigator, conduct research in Improving the Benefits to Poor from Community Forestry: Is it the Same for Women?, funded by IOF ConforM project .2008-9.
- As a co-investigator, conduct research in Impact Assessment of Managing Wild Mushoom in Community forest towards Community benefit in Tribekot , Kaski district. Funded by IOF ConforM project. 2006-7.
- As a Principal Investigator, Study on “Himalayan Yew (Taxus baccata) in Bhojpur District. Funded by District Forest Office, Bhojpur, April- 2003.
- As a Principal Investigator, Study on “Potential of Non-Timber Forest Products in Community Forests of Bhojpur District. Funded by District Forest Office, Bhojpur, April- 2002.
- As a co-investigator, study on “ Preparation a Plan on Sustainable Harvesting strategies of Lokta ( Daphne bholua) in Ghandruk Sector of Annapurna Conservation Area (ACA), Pokhara, Nepal. Funded by King Mahendra Trust for Nature Conservation Annapurna Conservation Area project, May-2001
- As an Investigator, Problem and Prospect for Buffer Zone Management in Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve, Funded by Institute of Forestry/International Tropical Timber Organization, 1998.
- As a co-investigator, Preparation of “Manual of Important Non-Timber Forest Products in Nepal,” Funded by Institute of Forestry/International Tropical Timber Organization, 1998.
- As a co-investigator, Preparation of “Manual of Important Wood of Nepal,” Funded by Institute of Forestry/International Tropical Timber organization, 1998.
- As a co-member, Prepared a Reading material on Non-timber Forest Products, Compilation, Funded by IOF/ITTO Project, 1997.
- As an Investigator, Conducted research on “People’s attitude toward kahirenitar Research Plot “of IOF. Funded by Institute of Forestry Project (IOFP), 1993.
- As a Co-investigator, Conducted research on “Forest Management of Banpale Dada”, Funded by IOFP, 1993
- As a Co-investigator, Conducted a research on “Indigenous Management System of two multipurpose tree species in Mid hill of Nepal”, funded by F/FRED, 1993.
- As a Co-investigator, Conducted research on “Participatory approach to forest Management for Jayakot Ban in Kaukhola village Development Committee, Kaski district”, funded by Nepal Australia Forestry Project (NAFP), 1993.
- As a Co-investigator, Conducted research on “Identification of Indigenous forest management and use techniques of Pokhara valley “(West of Seti) funded by NAFP, 1993.
- As a co-investigator, Conducted a research on “Indigenous knowledge of Common Property Resource Management and Conservation,” a case study of Mardi khola Sub-Watershed Area funded by Winrock International, 1992.
- As a co-investigator conducted a research on “Indigenous knowledge use and local Decision-Making over common Forest property Resources: A case study of Mardi khola Sub-watershed Area. Funded by Winrock International, 1991
- Pokharel, RK, A.R.Gyawali, Ram L.Yadev and Krishna R. Tiwari; 2011, Increasing women access to financial Recourse through micro-credit of Nepal’s Community Forestry. Published in International Journal of Social Forestry (IJSF),4,(1):1-16.
- Pokharel, RK, A.R.Gyawali, Bipin Acharya, 2009: Improving the Benefits to Poor from Community Forestry: Is it the Same for Women?. Published in Nepalese Journal of Development and Rural Studies. Vol 6 No.2 . Page #96-104.
- Acharya, G.R., B.Bhatta and A.R.Gyawali; 2009: Depredation and deteriorating condition of Shorea robusta and Terminalia alata in Bardia national park: an imperative to address park biodiversity sustainably. Publilshed in Bankojankari vol 19 N1. page 37.
- Das, A.K, A.R.Gyawali, Y.P.Timailsina.R.L Yadav; 2008: Potential of managing wild mushroom in Community Forest for community benefit. Published in International Usuf. Mngt. (2): 1-6, 2008.
- Dhoubhadel, S.P, R.R. Regmi and A.R.Gyawali; 2008.: Existing situation and future Possibilities of Environmental management in Siklies areas, Published in IOF Research finding dissemination Seminar.
- Gyawali, A.R; 2005: Prospect and challenges of Non-timber Forest Products Marketing in Nepal: A Review, Published in Journal of Institute of Nepal, Number 13, pp.91-98.
- Gyawali, A.R.; 2003: Improve tapping Technique in Some Gum/ Resin Species in Indian Subcontinent, Published in the Bimba (Periodic Publication of Student) at Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Campus.
- Gyawali, A.R; 1999: Scope of Beehive Briquette for the wood energy sector, Published in the Bimba (Periodic Publication of Student) at Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Campus.
- Parajuli, DP, A.R.Gyawali, S.D. Chaudhary, B.M. Shrestha, N.K.Rasaily, R.C. Trivedi, R.C. Pandey;1999: Dactylorhiza hatagirea (Panchaunle): Resource Assessment and Issue for Sustainable Management in Annapurna Conservation Area of Lamjung district, Nepal, Sustainable Forest Management Proceeding of an International Seminar IOF/ITTO.
- Gyawali, A.R.; 1998: Outcomes of the International Medicinal Plant Conference in Banglore, India. Bimba, (Periodic Publication of the student in the Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Campus).
- Gyawali.A.R.; 1999: A Manual of Harvesting and Logging (Nepali version) . Incorporated in the IOF B. Sc Forestry Curricula 2006,Tex reference of the course Code FPE 354s Introductory Forest Product Utilization. Page 41-43.
- Parajuli. D.P, A.R. Gyawali, B.M. Shrestha; 1998: A Manual of Non-Timber Forest Product In Nepal. Incorporated in the B.Sc. Forestry Curricula 2015 in the Tex Reference of the course code FPE 551. Non timber forest product (NTFPs). Page 123-125. Published by Institute of Forestry/ International Tropical Timber Organization Project, PD 103/90 Rev1. ( (F)) 1( F).
- Parajuli, D.P., S.D Chaudhary, B.M. Shrestha, A.R. Gyawali; 1998: A manual of Important Timber of Nepal. Incorporated in the B.Sc Forestry Curricula 2015 in the course code FPE 501 Forest product Utilization. Page 98-100. Published by IOF/ITTO Project, 1998.
- Gyawali, A.R; 1997: Human Dimension in Wildlife, Bimba (Periodic Publication of Student at Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Campus).
- Gyawali, A.R; 1997: Corridor: A Solution or Problem in Wildlife Conservation, Seerjana,
(Periodic Publication of Student at Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Campus), 1997.
Significant University Adminstrative Responsibility
- Subject Committee Chairman, Social Forestry and Forest Management, IOF Dean office,
- Head of Department, Department of Social Forestry and Forest Management, IOF, Pokhara Campus,
- Ex-President of TUTA, IOF. Ex-Assistant Dean, IOF.
Email [email protected]