Name: Anju Upadhyaya
Appointed Subject: Forest Utilization
Department: Forest Products and Engineering
- Masters in Tropical and International Forestry from George August University Goettingen, Germany.
- B.Sc. Forestry from Institute of Forestry, Hetauda Campus, Hetauda.
Interest Area: Gender and Social inclusion, Pro-poor Livelihoods, Good Governance, Climate Change.
Research and Publication
- ‘Community-Based Climate Change Adaptation Best Practices and Learning Documentation’ submitted to Hariyo Ban Programme, Nepal, March 2014.
- ‘Assessment of Differentiated Impact of Climate Change’ submitted to Hariyo Ban Programme, Nepal, July 2014.
- “Assessment and Strategy Development for Gender and Social Inclusion in Protected areas and Buffer Zone” submitted to World Wildlife Fund, Nepal, April 2013.
- “Evaluation of Aboveground Carbon Stocks Applying Different Biomass Models (A case study of Reinhausen Forest, Lower Saxony, Germany)” M.Sc. Forestry Thesis (unpublished, Georg-August University, Goettingen, Germany, December 2011).
- “Forest Management Plan of Gunung Walat Education Forest, West Java, Indonesia” submitted to Bogor Agricultural University in cooperation with Georg-August University, Goettingen, Germany, December 2010
- “Social Equity in Community Forestry (A case study of Diyale Danda Community Forest User Group, Lalitpur, Nepal)” B.Sc. Forestry Thesis (unpublished, Institute of Forestry, Hetauda, September 2003).
- Upadhyaya, A., Paudel, U. (2008) “सामुदायिकवनमा सुशासनः एक विश्लेषणात्मकअध्ययन”5th National CommunityForestry Workshop Proceeding, Community Forest Division, Department of Forest, Babar Mahal, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Upadhyaya, A., Ghimire, B., Charmakar, S. (2011)”Community Forestry in Nepal: Addressing Livelihoods of the Poor” Proceeding on Conference on Development on Margin: International Research on Food security, Natural Resource Management and Rural Development, Tropentag 2011, DITSL GmbH, Institute for Agriculture in the Tropics and Subtropics, Witzenhausen, Germany, ISBN: 978-3-9801686-7-0.
Others (additional responsibilities)
- Forest Harvesting and Logging course for B.Sc 2nd year students.
- Nursery Technical Committee- member
Email: [email protected]