Name: Jit Narayan Sah, PhD
Position: Associate Professor
Subject: Chemistry and Forest Products Utilization
Department: Basic Science and Humanities/Forest Products and Engineering
- PhD in Forestry (Chemistry of Forest Products), Forest Research Institute University (FRIU), Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India
- One year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Wood Science and Technology, Forest Research Institute (FRI), Deemed University, Dehra Dun, India
- M.Sc. in Chemistry (Specialization: Organic Chemistry), L.N. M. University, India
Area of Interest:
Forest Products Utilization, NTFPs/Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry of Forest Products, Phyto-chemistry, Natural Products, Wood Science and Technology, Bio-energy, Community Forestry, and Plantation in waste and degraded land model of agro-forestry
Research and Publications:
- Sedai C. P., Varshney, V. K., and Sah, J. N. (2016) “Altitudinal variation of bitter principle of Swertia chirayita and its standardization”, Research Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, 4(6), 7-10.
- Sah, J. N., Varshney, V. K.and Dutta, I. C.(2015). “HPTLC assisted evaluation of picrosides content in the Accessions of Picrorhiza kurrooa grown at different altitude in Nepal”. The Natural Products Journal, 5(1), 82-90.
- Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N. (2014). “Physiographic condition for potential Non-timber forest products in metamorphic terrain”: An analytical study from Nagi community forest, Myagdi district, Nepal. Annals of Forestry, An International Journal of Science22(1), 1-11.
- Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N.(2014). “Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Listing, Altitudinal Distribution and its Impact on Socio-Economic Condition of Chepang Communities, Chitwan District”, Nepal. eJournal of Applied Forest Ecology (eJAFE), 2(1), 45-54.
- Sah, J. N. and Varshney, V. K. (2013). “Chemical constituents from genus Picrorhiza-a review” American Journal of Essential Oil and Natural Products(AJOENP), 1(2), 22-37.
- Ranjan R, Sangwan R. S., Siwach S. S., Sangwan, O., Nancee, Sah, M. and Sah, J. N.(2012).“Heritability and genetic advance in Asiatic cotton (Gossypium arboreum L) genotypes”. Symposium papers “Global Cotton Production Technologies vis-a-vis Climate Change” Book of Paper. 202-204.
- Choudhry, G. and Sah, J. N. (2004). “Use of Bamboo in a Rural house of Reinforcement Concrete” in the “Fourth Royal of National Conference on Science and Technology”, Proceedings of IV National Conference on Science and Technology (NAST), Lalitpur, Nepal, March 24-26, 1427-1433.
Basic Science and Humanities Subject Committee, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Faculty Board Member
Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Course Coordinator:
Bio-energy (M. Sc. Forestry), NTFPs (M.Sc. Forestry, NRMRD, and Watershed Management.)
Jit Narayan Sah, PhD
Phone No. +977-61430796 (R)
Cell No. +977-9846027615
E-mail: [email protected]