Name: Jit Narayan Sah, PhD
Position: Associate Professor
Subject: Chemistry and Forest Products Utilization
Department: Basic Science and Humanities/Forest Products and Engineering
- PhD in Forestry (Chemistry of Forest Products), Forest Research Institute University (FRIU), Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India
- One year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Wood Science and Technology, Forest Research Institute (FRI), Deemed University, Dehra Dun, India
- M.Sc. in Chemistry (Specialization: Organic Chemistry), L.N. M. University, India
Area of Interest:
Forest Products Utilization, NTFPs/Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry of Forest Products, Phyto-chemistry, Natural Products, Wood Science and Technology, Bio-energy, Community Forestry, and Plantation in waste and degraded land model of agro-forestry
- General Administration in office of the Dean at Institute of Forestry, TU, 24 June 2018 to date
- Member Secretory of Examination Board, at IOF, TU, 24 June 2018 to date
- Member Secretory of Faculty Board and Planning at IOF, TU, June 2018 to July 2019
- Serving as Acting Dean in the absence of the Dean at IOF, TU, Nepal
Teaching and Research Activities:
Chemistry, Wood Chemistry, Forest Products Utilization, NTPFs, Bioenergy, Environmental Chemistry, Wood Science and Technology, Alternative Energy Forest Based Enterprises Development and Forest Protection.
Research and Publications:
- Regmi, A., Mandal R. A., Subedi, A, Mathema, A. B. and Sah, J. N. (2020): Evaluating Provisioning Services in Betana Wetland Area, Belbari, Morang, Nepal, Open Access Journal of Waste Management and Xenobiotics, ISSN: 2640- 2718, MEDWIN Publisher
- Suman, R., Sah, J., Nivedita, M. K. and Sah, J. N. (2019): Formulation and Evaluation of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles of Alendronate Sodium using Different Lipids, International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences-IJPBSTM, 9(2):1327-1334 Online ISSN:2230-7605. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21276/ijpbs. 2019.9.2.160
- Sah, M., Shah, K. P., Yadav, R., Sah, J. N. and Ranjan, R. (2019): Interaction of nitrogen doses and establishment methods in lowland rice at Parwanipur, Bara, Nepal, Archives of Agriculture and Environmental Science 4(1): 113-118 https://doi.org/10.26832/24566632.2019.0401018
- Budha, B. K., Jha, S., Sah, J. N. and Darlam, H. B. (2018): Energy recovery and solid organic waste management using dry anaerobic digestion. Journal NX- A Multidisciplinary Peer Reviewed Journal 4 (10), 2581-4230
- Sedai C. P., Varshney, V. K., and Sah, J. N. (2016): Altitudinal variation of bitter principle of Swertia chirayita and its standardization”, Research Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, 4(6), 7-10.
- Sah, J. N., Varshney, V. K. and Dutta, I. C. (2015): “HPTLC assisted evaluation of picrosides content in the accessions of Picrorhiza kurrooa grown at different altitude in Nepal”. The Natural Products Journal, 5(1), 82-90.
- Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N. (2014): “Physiographic condition for potential Non-timber forest products in metamorphic terrain”: An analytical study from Nagi community forest, Myagdi district, Nepal. Annals of Forestry, An International Journal of Science 22(1), 1-11.
- Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N. (2014): “Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Listing, Altitudinal Distribution and its Impact on Socio-Economic Condition of Chepang Communities, Chitwan District”, Nepal. eJournal of Applied Forest Ecology (eJAFE), 2(1), 45-54.
- Sah, J. N. and Varshney, V. K. (2013): “Chemical constituents from genus Picrorhiza-a review” American Journal of Essential Oil and Natural Products (AJOENP), 1(2), 22-37.
- Ranjan R, Sangwan R. S., Siwach S. S., Sangwan, O., Nancee, Sah, M. and Sah, J. N. (2012): “Heritability and genetic advance in Asiatic cotton (Gossypium arboreum L) genotypes”. Symposium papers “Global Cotton Production Technologies vis-a-vis Climate Change” Book of Paper, 202-204.
- Choudhry, G. and Sah, J. N. (2004): “Use of Bamboo in a Rural house of Reinforcement Concrete” in the “Fourth Royal of National Conference on Science and Technology”, Proceedings of IV National Conference on Science and Technology (NAST), Lalitpur, Nepal, March 24-26, 1427-1433.
Achievements: National Awarded:
- Ka Shreni Nepal Bidya Bhushan Padak awarded by Honorable President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari on the occasion of National Education Day on 23 Bhadra, 2074 (2017 AD)
- Chairman and Faculty Board Member
Basic Science and Humanities Subject Committee, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, TU, Nepal July 2014-June 2018
- Vice-President: Nepal Chemical Society, Gandaki, Province, Nepal since 2019 onwards
- Life Member: Nepal Chemical Society, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal since 1994 onwards
Jit Narayan Sah, PhD
Associate Professor and Assistant Dean, Institute of Forestry, Tribhuvan University
Phone no. +977-61-431563 (Office- Pokhara), + 977-1-4333926-27 (Office-Kathmandu), 977-61-430796 (R) Cell No. + 977-9856027615
E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]
Off. ID: [email protected] or [email protected]