Natural Resource Conservation Leaders Memorial Centre of Excellence (MemCoE)
Duration: 5 years (2007-2012)
Project Goal: To strengthen the capacity of the Institute of Forestry to educate Nepal’s future professionals in forestry and natural resource management and assure that Nepal has highly qualified conservation leaders who will bring Nepal closer to its goals of biodiversity conservation, environmental sustainability and healthy and productive human communities.
- Establish the natural resource conservation leaders memorial center of excellence in teaching and learning at the Institute of Forestry.
- Strengthen the professional skills, knowledge and teaching effectiveness of IOF faculty and staff.
- Improve career and academic advising, and other guidance for students.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure the inclusion and the success of all students and faculty including women, Dalits, Janajati, and those from remote areas.
- Ensure the sustainability of the Center of Excellence.
Major Activities: Establishing Center office; reviewing and improving course; training teachers, admin staff and students; strengthening faculty research skills, developing collaborative networks; developing a structured mentoring program; improving social inclusion and integration of women students into IOF learning culture; improving administrative and financial procedures and capabilities for transparent accountability; improving grant-writing capabilities, etc.
Funded by: USAID/Higher Education for Development (HED)
Budget: US$ 400,000.00
Collaborators: Institute of Forestry, Tribhuvan University; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia, USA; and Higher Education for Development /USAID
Associate Partners: WWF Nepal; ANSAB; Principia College (USA); and Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, Yale University (USA)
Project Coordinator: Mr. Abadhesh Singh ([email protected])