- Name: Krishna Raj Tiwari, PhD
- Position: Professor
- Appointed Subject: Soil Science
- Department: Watershed Management and Environmental Science
- PhD, Soil and Natural Resource Management. Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
- MS, Soil Science, Central Luzon State University, the Philippines
- Sc., BSc in Agriculture, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
- Interest Area: Soil Carbon,Climate Change Adaptation, food security and livelihood, Travel and Social work
- Research and Publications:
Pokharel,Ridish K., Neupane,Prem R., Tiwari,Krishna R.&Köhl,Michael. (2015). Assessing the Sustainability in Community Based Forestry: A case from Nepal. Forest Policy and Economics Vol.58 pp 75-88 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2014.11.006
Tiwari,K.R.,Rayamajhi, S., Pokharel, R.K., Balla, M.K. (2014). Does Nepal’s Climate Change Adaptation Policy and Practices Address Poor and Vulnerable Communities? Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization,Vol 23. Pp 28-38. iiste.org/vol–23-2014
Tiwari,K.R. Sayamajhi, S.R, Pokharel, R.K., &Balla, M.K. (2014).Determinants of the Climate Change Adaptation in Rural Farming in Nepal Himalaya. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current Research. Vol 2pp 334-340. http://ijmcr.com
Balla, M.K., Tiwari, K.R., Kafle, G. Gautam, S.Thapa, S. and Basnet, B.(2014). Assessment of Carbon Sequestration and Nutrient Balance in Forests and Farm Lands in Three Ecological Zones of Nepal. International Journal and Biodiversity and Conservation.Vol 6 no 2 pp 222-229. http://www.academicjournals.org/IJBC
Rutt, Rebecca L., Chhetri, Bir B.K., Pokharel,RidishK.,Rayamajhi,S.,Tiwari, Krishna R.&Treue,Thorsten. (2014). TheScientific Framing of Forestry Decentralization in Nepal. Forest Policy and Economics , http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2014.06.005
Bual, T.K., Tiwari, K.R., Ullah, K.M., &McDonald, M.A. (2013). Exploring Agrobiodiversity on Farm: A Case from Middle–Hills of Nepal, Small Scale Forestry Vol. 12, issue 4, pp 611-629. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11842-012-9234-y
Pokharel, R.K. and Tiwari, K.R. (2013). Good Governance Assessment in Nepal’s Community Forestry, Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 32: pp 549-546. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10549811.2013.779902
Bual, T.K., Ullah, K.M., Tiwari, K.R, McDonald, M.A. (2013). People’s Local Knowledge of Climate Change in the Middle-Hills of Nepal. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. Vol 12 pp 585- 595
Acharya,, Tiwari, K.R., Sharma, S., Upadhyaya, C.P.,Timilsina, Y. P &Jha, R. (2012). Monsoon and Post-monsoon Evaluation of Water Quality of Phewa Lake in Pokhara, Midwestern Nepal. International Journal of Ecology and Conservation (3:1-24). http://dx.doi.org/10.7718/ijec.v3i1.324
Pokarel, R.K., Gyawali, A.R., Yadav, R.L. and Tiwari, K.R.(2011). Increasing Women’s Access to Financial Resources through Micro-Credit Of Nepal’s Community Forestry, International Journal of Social Forestry: 4 (1): 1 – 16. www.ijsf.org
Tiwari, K. R., Awasthi, K.D., Balla, M.K. &Sitaula, B.K. (2010). Local People’s Perception on Climate Change, Its Impact and Adaptation Practices in Himalaya to TeraiRegions of Nepal. Himalayan Journal of Development and Democracy, Nepal study Center, The University of Maxico, US (5:56-63)
Tiwari, K. R., Sitaula,B. K., Bajracharya, R. M., and Børresen, T. (2010). Effects of Soil and Crop Management Practices on Yield, Income and Nutrients Losses from Upland Farming Systems in the Middle Mountains Regions of Nepal. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystem (84:241-253)
Tiwari, K. R., Sitaula,B. K., Bajracharya, R. M., and Børresen, T. (2009). Runoff and Soil Loss Responses to Rainfall, Land Use, Terracing, and Management Practices in the Middle Mountains of Nepal. Acta Agriculture Scandinavica Section B. Soil & Plant Science. (59: 197-207)
Tiwari, K. R., Nyborg, I. P.,Sitaula, B. K., Paudel, G. S. (2008). Analysis of the Sustainability of Upland Farming Systems in the Middle Mountains Region of Nepal. International Journal of Sustainable Agriculture (6: 289-306)
Tiwari, K. R., Sitaula, B. K., Nyborg, I. P., and Paudel, G. S. (2008). Determinants of Farmers’ Adoption of Improved Soil Conservation Technology in aMiddle Mountain Watershed of Central Nepal. Environmental Management (42:210-222)
Awasthi, K.D., Tiwari, K. R., Balla, M.K., Sitaula,B. K., Singh, B.R. and Pandit, K. (2007). Plot Level Runoff, Soil and Nutrient Loss in Upland Rainfed Terraces and Aspect-Wise Soil Quality of Different Land Use in PokharekholaWatershed, Nepal. International Journal of Ecology and Environmental Sciences (33:105-114)
Tiwari, K. R., Sitaula, B. K.,Børresen, T., and Bajracharya, R. M. (2006). An Assessment of Soil Quality in PokhareKhola Watershed of the Middle Mountains in Nepal. Journal of Food Agriculture & Environment (4:276-283)
- Tiwari, K. R.(2013). Agroforestry: in Environment and Natural Resources. (eds) PK Jha, FP Neupane, ML Shrestha, and IP Khanal, Press. Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Kathmandu. Pp 20-22
- Pokheral, R.K., Rayamajhi, S.R and Tiwari, K.R.(2012). Nepal’s Community Forestry: Need of Better Governance: in Global Perspectives on Sustainable Forest Management, (Eds) Akais, O.C. Published by InTechJanezaTrdine 9, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia. ISBN 978-953-51-0569-5 Chapter 3. pp 43-57
Proceeding and National Journal Publication:
Tiwari, K.R.(2015).Soil Types and Fertility Status in Western TeraiRegion of Nepal. (A case from the Bankatawa VDC of the Banke District). Second national soil fertility research workshop held on March 24-25, 2015. National Agriculture Research Council, Kathmandu, Proceeding paper Pp-
Acharya, K, Tiwari, K.R.,Timilsina,Y.P. and PC, S. (2015). AssessingVulnerability and Adaptation Strategies of Forest Dependent People to Climate Change in the Midhills of Nepal. BankoJanakari, Vol. 25. Pp 55-62.
Tiwari, K.R. (2015). New Approach of Adaptation to Climate Change: Ecosystem Based Adaptation (EbA) Practices in Nepal. Bimba, Vol.22. Pp:1-9
Bhuju, U.R.,Suwal, N.R.,Tiwari , K.R.,&Pokharel, R.K.(2015). Preliminary Identification of Ecosystem Services in the Panchase Area of Nepal. SAMRIDDHI Journal Of Development Studies, Vol. 4. No.1. pp 34-43
Tiwari, KR ,Shrestha S, and Rayamajhi, S. (2014). Climate Change Adaptation and Water InducedDisaster Management in Nepal. Paper Presented in International Conference on Forests, Soil and Rural Livelihoods in a Changing Climate. Held on 27- 30 September, 2014, Kathmandu, Nepal. Proceeding paper, pp 303-314.
Tiwari, K.R., Rayamajhi, S, and Shrestha, S. (2014). Anthropogenic and Environmental Change Impact on Forest, Biodiversity and Livelihood in the Central Himalaya. Forestry, Journal of the Institute of Forestry. Vol. 14. Pp.57-67.
Tiwari, K.R.,Balla, M. K., Pokharel, R.K., Bajracharya, R.M., Sitaula,B.K., Rayamajhi, S. (2012). Enhancing Sensitization of Farmers to Natural Resource Management in a Changing Environment. Paper presented in the International symposium on Mountain Resource Management in a Changing Environment. Held on 27- 30 September, 2014, in Kathmandu, Nepal. Proceeding paper pp 47-59.
Tiwari, K.R.(2012).Climate Change Impact, Adaptation Practices and Policy in Nepal Himalaya. Paper presented at the International Conference on Climate Change and Development Policy held on September 28-29, 2012, Organized by United Nation University and World Institute for Development and Economic Research,Helsinki, Finland.
Khadka, C. B., Balla, M. K. and Tiwari, K. R.(2011). Assessment of Climate Change and its Impact on Cash Crops in LwangGhalel of KaskiDistrict, Nepal. BankoJanakari, Vol. 21, No. 1. Pp 31-34.
Tiwari, K.R.,Balla, M. K., Sitaula,B.K., (2011). An Assessment of Climate Change Impact on Forest and Biodiversity (A Transect study from Himalaya to Terai Region of Nepal). Paper presented in the International Conference on Ecosystem Response to Global Environmental Change. Proceeding paper pp 63-73.
Project Reports (as a National Consultant Soil Scientist)
- Soil Survey and Classification reports in different districts of Nepal in different years (Bardia, Banke, Kailali, Rupendahi, Jhapa, Morang and Bara districts). Under the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Land Reform and Management. National Land Use Project Kathmandu, Nepal through Rajdevi Engineering Consultant (P) Ltd. Kathmandu, Nepal
- Land Capability Classification reports in different districts of Nepal in different years (Bardia, Banke, Kailali, Rupendahi, Jhapa, Morang and Bara districts). Under the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Land Reform and Management. National Land Use Project Kathmandu, Nepal, through Rajdevi Engineering Consultant (P) Ltd. Kathmandu, Nepal
- Ecosystem based Adaptation (EbA) Monitoring and Evaluation Framework : a case of Panchase Ecosystem Region, Mountain Ecosystem of Nepal” assigned by United Nations Environment Program: Regional Climate Change, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok, Thailand
- Others(additional responsibilities)
- Head, Department of Watershed and Environmental Science
- Coordinator, Sustainable natural resource management for climate change adaptation in the Himalayan region- (Nepal Bhutan and Pakistan, Norway) (NORHED SUNREM-Himalaya Project)- South driven five years project (2013-2018) Norad Norway
- Co-Coordinator,Livelihood Improvement through Promotion of Moringaoleifera (LAM.) in the private and community land in the Terai and Inner Terai Region of Nepal, Multi Stakeholder Forestry Program, DFID/SDC supported under Ministry of Forest and soil Conservation, Kathmandu, Government oF Nepal
- Coordinator,Regional Climate Change Knowledge Management Centre at the Institute of Forestry, Pokhara supported by, Ministry of Environment, Nepal, UNDP- National Adaptation Plan of Action (NAPA) project.
- Contact Address
Email : [email protected]
Phone: 977 9849019884/ 014821392 (Ktm)