Position: Assistant Professor
Subject: Chemistry and Forest Products Utilization
Department: Forest Products and Engineering
- Ph.D. in Forestry (Chemistry of Forest Products), Forest Research Institute University (FRIU), Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India
- One year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Wood Science and Technology, Forest Research Institute (FRI), Deemed University, Dehra Dun, India
- M. Sc. in Chemistry (Specialization: Organic Chemistry), L.N. M. University, India
Interest Area:Forest Products Utilization, NTFP/Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry of Forest Products, Phyto-chemistry, Natural Products,Community Forestry, Wood Science and Technology and Bio- energy.
Research and Publications:
- Sah, J. N., Varshney, V. K.and Dutta,I. C. (2015). “HPTLC assisted evaluation of picrosides content in the Accessions of Picrorhizakurrooagrown at different altitude in Nepal”. The Natural Products Journal, 5, No. 1
- Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N.(2014).“Physiographic condition for potential Non-timber forest products in metamorphic terrain”: An analytical study from Nagi community forest, Myagdi district, Nepal. Annals of Forestry, An International Journal of Science 22(1), 1-11.
- Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N. (2014).“Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Listing, Altitudinal Distribution and its Impact on Socio-Economic Condition of Chepang Communities, Chitwan District”, Nepal. eJournal of Applied Forest Ecology (eJAFE),Vol.2(1), 45-54.
- Sah, J. N. and Varshney, V. K. (2013). “Chemical constituents from genus Picrorhiza-a review” American Journal of Essential Oil and Natural Products (AJOENP), 1(2): 22-37.
- Ranjan R, Sangwan R. S., Siwach S. S., Sangwan, O., Nancee, Sah, M. and Sah, J. N.(2012).“Heritability and genetic advance in Asiatic cotton (Gossypiumarboreum L) genotypes”. Symposium papers “Global Cotton Production Technologies vis-a-vis Climate Change” Book of Paper. 202-204.
- Choudhry, G. and Sah, J. N. (2004). “Use of Bamboo in a Rural house of Reinforcement Concrete” in the “Fourth Royal of National Conference on Science and Technology”, Proceedings of IV National Conference on Science and Technology (NAST), Lalitpur, Nepal, March 24-26, 1427-1433.
Chairman , Basic Science and Humanities Subject Committee, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Course Coordinator: Bio-energy (M. Sc. Forestry), NTFPs (M.Sc. Forestry, NRMRD, Watershed Mgmt.)
Mobile No.: +977-9846027615