Dhruba Bijaya G.C., PhD
Name: Dhruba Bijaya GC, Ph.D.
Position: Assistant Professor
Appointed Subject: Natural Resource Management and Rural Development
Department: Social Forestry and Forest Management.
Ph.D. in Natural Resources Science, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P.R. China. (2016). (Equivalent as Ph.D. in Natural Resource Management and Rural Development by Tribhuvan University)
- M.Sc. in Agricultural/Rural Development and Management , China Agricultural University, Beijing, P. R. China. (2011). (Equivalent as M.Sc. in Natural Resource Management and Rural Development by Tribhuvan University)
- BSc in Forestry, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Nepal. (2008).
I have specialized knowledge on forestry and forestry related subjects. Focus on Natural Resource Management and Rural Development. Ample knowledge on poverty, livelihood, biodiversity and forest conservation, ecology, climate change, forest governance, grassland management, ecology, agroforestry, rural development issues specially focusing on the developing countries like Nepal and somewhat India and China.
Extensive experience with field works both socio-economic and bio-physical surveys, data analysis and management and producing scientific papers in different national and international peer-reviewed journals.
- 29th December, 2016 (14th Poush 2073 B.S.) –to date Assistant Professor
Roles, Responsibilities and Job Tasks at IOF:
- To give lectures to Undergraduates (B.Sc.) Forestry students and Post Graduates (M.Sc.) Forestry, Watershed Management and Natural Resource Management and Rural Development students on different subjects like community forestry, agroforestry, research methodology, ecology, biodiversity and others.
- To develop proposals and produce technical reports related to forestry, biodiversity conservation, wetland management and climate change.
- To draft manuscripts for the publication in the international peer-reviewed journals.
- To develop concept notes and proposals
- To help students to conduct field work and research works related to forestry.
- To help students in preparing proposal and writing thesis.
- To work as a Course coordinator of M.Sc. level
- To supervise undergraduate and post graduate students with their thesis work.
- To conduct educational tours and excursions for B.Sc. as well as M.Sc. students.
Scholarships and Awards:
- 8th September, 2017. National Educational Award Category-A (Nepal Bidhya Bhushan Kha) from the Right Honorable President of Nepal, Mrs. Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
- 2-9 July 2016. Travel grant to attend 13th International Otter Congress at Singapore.
- 2011-2016. Scholarship from University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research. To pursue Ph. D. degree at Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 2009-2011. Chinese Government Scholarship. To pursue Master Degree at China Agricultural University, Beijing, China.
Dhruba Bijaya G.C. and Jyoti Bhandari. 2017. Silvicultural Management Issues of Urban Green Spaces of Nepal: A Case Study of Pokhara City, Nepal. Silviculture for Forest Management. Proceedings of the First National Silviculture Workshop, Kathmandu, Nepal, 19-21 February 2017. Pp. 292-297.
Zengrang Xu, Chunxia Lu, Shengkui Cheng and Dhruba Bijaya G.C. 2016. Effects of pasture enclosure and dung dropping on soil nutrients and aboveground biomass in alpine grassland in the northern Tibetan Plateau. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. Vol. 26(5) 1361-1367 (Impact factor- 0.422) Corresponding Author
Jyoti Bhandari, Xuebiao Pan, Lizhen Zhang, Dhruba Bijaya G. C., Wanlin Dong, Pei Wei and Changxiu Shao. 2016. Biomass and species richness of legumes of semiarid grassland of Inner Mongolia, China. Range Management and Agroforestry. Vol. 37(1) 27-31 (Impact factor- 0.391)
Dhruba Bijaya G.C., Shengkui Cheng, Zengrang Xu, Jyoti Bhandari, Lingen Wang, and Xiaojie Liu. 2016. Community Forestry and Livelihood in Nepal. A Review. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, Volume: 26, No. 1 pp.1-12 (Impact factor- 0.448)
Lu Chunxia, Xie Gaodi, Yu Fuqin, Xiao Yu, Li Yiqiu and Dhruba Bijaya G. C. 2016. Responses of Ecosystems to Ecological Compensation in a Key Ecological Function Area of the Loess Plateau. Journal of Resources and Ecology. Vol. 6 (6): 361-366
Songlin Mu, Yifeng Zhang, Dhruba Bijaya G.C. 2016. Land use changes of valleys based on topographic factors in Beijing mountainous regions of China. Journal of Resources and Ecology. Vol. 7 (1): 68-76
Li Jing, Min Qingwen, Li Wenhua, Bai Yanying, Yang Lun and Dhruba Bijaya G.C. Evaluation of Water Resources Conserved by Forests in the Hani Rice Terraces System of Honghe County, Yunnan, China: An application of the Fuzzy Comprehensive Evaluation Model. Journal of Mountain Science (2016) 13(4): 744-753 (Impact factor- 0.963)
Yongxun Zhang, Qingwen Min, Guigen Zhao, Wenjun Jiao, Weiwei Liu and Dhruba Bijaya G.C. 2016. Can Clean Energy Policy Improve the Quality of the Alpine Grassland Ecosystem? A Scenario Analysis to Influence the Energy Changes in the Three-River Headwater Region, China. Sustainability. Vol. 8(3):231(Impact factor- 0.942)
Dang Quang Huang, Zhang Wen Hui, Gokul Gaudel, Le Thi Hien, Dhruba Bijaya G.C. and Jyoti Bhandari. Research on mineral Nutritional needs of the lacuquer tree (Toxicodendron succedanea L. Mold) during nursery stage. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences (Under Review)
Dhruba Bijaya G.C., Jyoti Bhandari, Cheng Shengkui. A review on the park-people conflict in Nepal: Overview and Implications (Under Progress)
Dhruba Bijaya G.C., Jyoti Bhandari, Cheng Shengkui. Payment for Ecosystem Services in Nepal: A critical analysis (Under Progress)
Dhruba Bijaya G.C., Shengkui Cheng, Zengrang Xu, Jyoti Bhandari. 2015. Multidimensional Poverty in Bajhang District of Nepal. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Vol. 52(4): 1127-1133 (Impact factor- 1.049)
G.C. Dhruba Bijaya, Cheng Sheng-kui, Gao Qijie, Xu Zengrang, Wang Lingen, Jyoti Bhandari, Liu Xiaojie, Gao Liwei and Cao Xiaochang. 2015. Can community forestry play a major role in the socio-economic enhancement of poor users’ in Nepal? Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science. Volume 21 Number 2 pp 378–383
Jyoti Bhandari, Xuebiao Pan, Lizhen Zhang, Pei Wei, Changxiu Shao, Dhruba Bijaya G.C., Que Yue Li and Imran Mehmood. 2015. Diversity and productivity of semi-arid grassland of Inner-Mongolia: Influence of plant functional type and precipitation. Pakistan Journal of Agriculture Science. Volume 52 Number 2 pp 259-264 (Impact factor- 1.13)
Jyoti Bhandari, Xuebiao Pan and G. C. Dhruba Bijaya. 2015. Spatial and Seasonal Variation in Rain Use Efficiency in Semiarid Grasslands of Inner Mongolia. Advances in Meteorology. Volume 2015 (Impact factor- 1.34)
Li Jing, Min Qingwen, Li Wenhua, Bai Yanying, Dhruba Bijaya G. C. and Yuan Zheng 2014. Spatial Variability Analysis of Soil Nutrients Based on GIS and Geostatistics: A Case Study of Yisa Township, Yunnan, China. Journal of Resources and Ecology Volume 5 Number 4 pp 348-355
Xu, Zengrang; Cheng, Shengkui; Zhen, Lin; Pan, Ying; Zhang, Xianzhou; Wu, Junxi; Zou, Xiuping; Bijaya, G. C. Dhruba., 2013. Impacts of Dung Combustion on the Carbon Cycle of Alpine Grassland of the North Tibetan Plateau. Environmental Management. Volume 52 Number 2 pp 441–449
WANG Ling-en, CHENG Sheng-kui, ZHONG Lin-sheng, MU Song-lin, DHRUBA Bijaya G.C. and REN Guo-zhu. 2013. Rural Tourism Development in China：Principles, Models and the Future. Journal of Mountain Science. Volume 10 Number 1 pp 16-129
Cheng Shengkui, Gao Liwei, Xu ZengRang, Tang Chengcai, Wang Lingen and Dhruba Bijaya G.C., 2012. Food Waste in Catering Industry and Its Impacts on Resources and Environment in China.
Mu Songlin, Zhang Yifeng, Wang Kaiyong and Dhruba Bijaya G.C. 2012. Agricultural Land Contract and Management Rights: Transferring Price and Countermeasures in Typical Agricultural Areas of China. Journal of Resources and Ecology. Volume 3 Number 3 pp 262-268
- C. Dhruba Bijaya, 2011. Community Forest as a Vehicle for Poverty Reduction, Good Governance and Gender Equity. Indian Journal of Ecology Volume 38 (Special Issue) pp 169-181
Jyoti Bhandari and G. C. Dhruba Bijaya, 2011. Community Forestry: The Centre for Biodiversity Conservation. Indian Journal of Ecology Volume 38 (Special Issue) pp 166-168
G.C., DB and Bhandari, J. 2010. Carbon sequestration potential and uses of Dendrocalamus strictus. A case study from Baglung District, Sigana VDC, Nepal. IUFRO World Series Vol. 27 pp 62-66
Bhandari, J. and G.C. DB. 2008. Preliminary survey and awareness for otter conservation in Rupa Lake, Pokhara, Nepal. Journal of Wetlands Ecology. Volume 1 Number 2 pp 2
Reviewer of different international journals.
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/O-5040-2018
ORC ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1790-9942
Email: [email protected] and [email protected]
Mobile: +977-9856010469 Landline: 061430571