Dr. Ram Prasad Sharma
Name Ram Prasad Sharma, Ph.D.
Position Associate Professor
Department: Watershed Management and Environmental Science
- Ph.D. in Forestry (Soil Science), Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University, Dehradun, India
- M.Sc. in Geology, Tribhuvan University, Central Department of Geology, Kirtipur, Nepal
- B.Sc. (Geology, Biology and Chemistry), TU, Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus, Nepal
Interest Area: Geology, climate change, watershed mgmt and soil conservation, soil science
Research and Publications
Devkota, Krishna P., Sharma, Ram P. and Timilsina, Yajna P. (2009). Carbon Accumulation in a Dalbergiasissoo Plantation Forest in Chitwan District of Nepal. Natural resources management:Reviews and Research in Himalayan Watershed (Special publication of NUFU-HIMUNET project). Balla, M. K., Bajracharya, R.M. & Sitaula, B.K. (eds), pp. 30-43, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Nepal.
Tripathee, Hari P., Sharma, Ram P., Timilsina, Yajna P., Pathak, R. and Devkota, Krishna P. (2011). An assesment of ethnomedicinal use, chemical constituents analysis and bioactivity evaluation on high altitude medicinal plant Delphinium brunonianum of Mustang District. Nepal journal of science and technology Vol. 12, pp. 111-118.
Sharma, Ram P., Bastola, A. P., Timilsina, Y. P., and Kumar, D. (2013). Geo-physiographic and ecological status of Tinosporacordifolia: An analytical study from Bagedanda Community Forest, Kaski district, Nepal. ejournal of applied forest ecology vol. 1.1, No. 2, pp. 59-66.
Timilsina, Y. P., Sharma, R. P. and Paudel, P. (2012). Role of vegetation in slope stability: Case studies of forested slopes in the Mahabharat Range, Nepal. Journal of Nepal Geological Society, Vol. 44, pp. 59-66.
Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N. (2014). Medicinal and aromatic plants: Listing, altitudinal distribution and its impact on socio-economic condition of Chepang communities, Chitwan District, Nepal. ejournal of applied forest ecology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 45-54.
Sharma, R. P., Gupta, M. K., Raina, A. K and Balla, M. K. (2014). Mineralogy of Rocks and Soils in Kankali and Tibrekot Community Forests, Nepal. Journal of Nepal Forester’s Association, Vol XV, No.1, pp. 42-60.
Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P., Bastola, A. P. and Gupta, M. K. (2014). A comparative study of carbon stocks in Shorearobusta and Schima -Castanopsis forests in Siwalik and Lesser Himalayan zone of Nepal. Indian Journal of Forestry, 37(3):259-266.
Sharma, R. P., Das, A. K. and Raina, A. K. (2015). Influence of rocks, soils and physiography on the distribution of Swertia chirayita and Rubia cordifolia in metamorphic terrain of Kaski District, Western Nepal. Indian Forester, 141 (1) : 18-25.
Sharma, R. P., Timilsina, Y. P. and Sah, J. N. (2014). Physiographic condition for non-timber forest products inmetamorphic terrain: An analytical study from Nangi community forest, Myagdi district, Nepal. Annals of Forestry, 22(1): 1-11.
Heyojoo, Binod P. and Sharma, Ram P. (2013). Rural road-induced sedimentation: Severity and local perception in the Phewa Watershed, Kaski District, western Nepal. Journal of Nepal Geological Society, Vol. 46, pp. 171-178.
Sharma, R. P. and Chhetri, B. B. K. (2012), Analysis of rocks, soils and vegetation characteristics of Kankali (Chitwan) and Tibrikot (Kaski) community forests of Nepal. Journal of Nepal Geological Society, Vol. 44, pp. 13-22.
K. C., Dipesh and Sharma, R. P. (2015). Soil and Biomass Carbon Stock at Different Altitudes in Rhododendron arboream Mixed Ruise Dora Community Forest, Myagdi District, Nepal. eJournal of Applied Forest Ecology (eJAFE), Vol.3, No.2 35-42, Available online at www.ejafe.comom
Sah, R. B. and Sharma, R. P. (2000). Lithstratigraphy and new fossil records from the Jurassic- Cretaceous succession of Kagbeni area, Tethys Himalaya, Nepal. Journal of SAN, vol. 2, pp. 1-17.
Sharma. R. P., (2013). Status of soil nutrients and its relation with rock types and soil properties in the Kankali (Chitwan) and Tibrekot (Kaski) Community Forests, western Nepal in Journal of Nepal Geological Society Vol. 46, pp. 211-216.
Sharma. R. P. (2012). An assessment of geologic and physiographic condition for Bergenia ciliate n Sanlapsi Sitalban Community Forest, Kaski District, Western Nepal. Journal of Stratigraphic Association of Nepal, Vol. 8, pp. 19-26.
Sharma. R. P., (2013). Clay mineralogy of C-horizon in sedimentary and metamorphic terrains of Kankali (Chitwan) and Tibrekot (Kaski) community forests, Nepal. Annals of Forestry, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 137-147.
Sharma. R. P. (2013). Landslide management in Kalimati sub-watershed of VhalamKhola, Kaski, Nepal. Bulletin of Nepal Geological Society, Vol. 30, pp. 65-68.
Sharma. R. P. (2012). Sedimentation at Phewa Lake due to landslide and its impact on rural livelihood. Bulletin of Nepal Geological Society, Vol. 29, pp. 73-78.
Training Received and Conducted
- Training of Trainer’s on Survey, Design, Water Resources and Bio-engineering organized by the Department of Soil Conservation and Watershed Management, Nepal-Denmark Watershed Management Project, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Training on Applied Silviculture, Organized by Resource Conservation and Community Outreach Project, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Campus, Nepal.
- Regional Training of Trainers on Gender mainstreaming in Integrated Water Resources Management, Organized by Institute of Rural Management, Anand, India (IRMA) in collaboration with Gender and Water Alliance (GWA).
- Training of Trainers on Conflict Management of Community Forest, Organized by WATCH in collaboration with RECOFTC, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Trainer: Survey, Design and Watershed Management training for mid-level technicians, organized by CARE Nepal.
- Trainer: Environmental Education for School Teachers in Kaski. Organized by Resource Conservation and Community Outreach Project from the Institute of Forestry in collaboration with Lakehead University, Canada.
- Teaching Geology, Soil Science and Soil Conservation Engineering and Watershed Management from Nov. 26, 2000 to present at the Institute of Forestry, Hetauda and Pokhara Campus, TU, Nepal,
- Teaching Geology, Soil Science and Soil Conservation Engineering and Watershed Management from Apr.5, 1999 to Nov. 25, 2000 at the Institute of Forestry, Hetauda Campus, TU, Nepal.
- Assistant Geologist (March 11, 1997 to April 1, 1999) Gaura Construction (Pvt.) Ltd. Kathmandu, Nepal.
- School Teacher (Dec. 1987 to Feb. 1989 and January 1992- Sept. 1993) at Janata Secondary School, Paiynu Thanthap-6, Pokharibari, Baglung, Nepal.
- School Teacher January 1987 to Dec. 1987 at Janata Secondary School, Sarkuwa, Baglung, Nepal
Permanent address: PaiyunThanthap– 3, Baglung, Nepal
Mailings address: Institute of Forestry, Pokhara campus, HariyoKharka, Pokhara. Po. Box. 43
Email : [email protected] / [email protected]@edu.np
Land Line: 061-431922 (R)
Mobile: 9846440751, 9856080146
Language: English, Nepali and Hindi